A Business Visa (DN) is granted to foreign nationals working in Vietnam or offering services, and those who hold DN1 or DN2 visas can convert the purpose of their visa to a work visa (LĐ1, LĐ2) if they meet certain conditions. The symbols for various types of Vietnamese visas.
There are two conditions to convert a business visa to a work visa:
- The presence of a sponsoring company in Vietnam.
- The sponsoring company provides a labor permit or confirms exemption from a labor permit.
The DN visa has a maximum validity of 3 months, and foreign nationals entering Vietnam with a DN visa who wish to work in Vietnam must convert their DN visa to a work visa (LĐ). A work visa can have a maximum validity of 1 year.
This article will provide instructions on how to convert a business visa to a work visa for foreign nationals residing in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and nationwide.
Documents Required for Visa Conversion:
- Legal documents of the sponsoring company.
- Labor permit or confirmation of exemption from a work permit (GPLĐ).
- Original passport and existing visa of the foreign national.
- Temporary residence declaration with confirmation from the local police in the ward or commune where the foreign national resides, or online residence registration (KBTT).
- Visa extension and residence permit application form for foreign nationals (Form NA5).
Address for Visa Conversion from DN to LĐ:
Submit the application to the Immigration Department of the provincial or municipal police or the Vietnam Immigration Department.
Processing Time for Visa Conversion:
The processing time for converting a DN visa to an LĐ visa is 7-10 working days from the date when all valid documents are submitted.
After the specified period, you will receive an LĐ work visa, which has a maximum validity of one year. If you wish to stay in Vietnam for a longer duration, you can consider the procedure for obtaining a temporary residence card for foreign workers.